Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm Counting my Blessings instead of Sheep

Week 2 Day 4 - Today was one of those introspective days for me. I was lucky enough to have a day off from work. The sun was just about as brilliant as you could want, my hubby was working at home and had some things that were troubling him with a project all work out, and I had the time to do my strength workout and slow cook my jambalaya for the get together tomorrow. I had lots of time to think and reflect on how blessed I am. I know that for lots of people things are not good in these hard times, yet we are doing okay and have the means to give a bit of aid to others. There are alot of people, some who are dear to me, facing grave health issues, yet we are blessed with good health. There are people who feel that they are alone, yet we bask in the warmth of friendship, family and faith.
I had a great workout. I am beginning to have the confidence to push a little harder each time. My meditation was a bit more peaceful.
Yes, today was a great day for counting blessings.

5 comments:

  1. Ginger,
    I sometimes think of those types of things when I am achey after working out. I reminds me that I am able to move and get around because so many people are not able to do that easily .... whether by their choice or due to illness or accident. It is good to have mindful days like these! See you at Alison's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger,
    Lovely.

    (and it was nice to meet Mr. Ginger last night).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger,

    What a wonderful blessing, to have a day to reflect on your blessings. You are a dear soul. Enjoy this beautiful day today.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ginger. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on blessings. It's good to be reminded occassionaly what a blessing it is to have the health to do what we're doing. Many do not, for sure.

    And thanks for your Jumbalaya. Delicious. Is this a recipe you'd be willing to share???

    See you Saturday-- Rad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rad, I would love to share the jambalaya recipe! It is from a friend who passed away a few years back. We still call it Mary Merle's Jumbalaya. Be prepared though, it's alot of chopping and it has to slow cook to come out right. I will get the "healthier" version together and post it.

    ReplyDelete