Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Love Intervals? I must be Weird!!!!!

Week 2, Day 1 - I took the time to catch up on everyone's blogs today and am so glad I did. I am getting such a great feeling from all these witty great people. I liken this to spices. We are all bringing a certain spice to season this adventure and the flavor is fantastic! Geez, a food analogy! I guess that comes from spending way too much time planning meals. I hope this gets easier as time goes by. But my husband Rick and I have been eating so well. It is worth the time put into it. For those of you who haven't tried the Bragg Liquid Aminos, I highly recommend it. We have eaten stir fry at least five meals since this started. I even put turnips in the stir fry. The flavor was unbelievable!

Even though it was snowing and the roads were a mess, Rick and I got to the health club. I figured I would have the track to myself to run my intervals. Okay, I love intervals!!!! Am I weird? I've always harbored this fear of trying this, but those thirty second pushes are just so satisfying. I play the I can't go anymore game after the third one. So I say, do just one more and then see how you feel. Before I know it, I am done and wishing for more (I have a feeling more (or longer) are in my future). Because of the mindfulness I have gained through yoga, I just feel my legs getting stronger. I know that the other two runs a week will yield results too, but somehow not like this. I can do this. I will run the Mini in May. I don't care about speed. It would be nice to set a goal and surpass it. But that isn't what this is about. This is about sticking to something and seeing it through. Maybe my Momma is sitting on my shoulder? If she is she better hold on tight! Good night and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Loving intervals weird? No. Liking turnips? Now that gets a bit more edgy... All I can say is that Braggs Liquid Aminos must be good stuff!

    I bet your mom IS sitting on your shoulders and I bet you she's proud as heck of what you are doing. Keep running, Flash! And have a good night and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with those stinkin' intervals, Ginger. Sometimes I dread running at a "9" on my R.P.E., and sometimes I really get a great rush from it. And I am SURE that is making your legs, and lungs stronger.

    And to HELL with the time it takes to run the mini.....anyone who sees it through has triumphed.

    Way to go. I am really proud of you and proud to call you friend.

    Love,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete