Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Longer Run

Week 2 Day 6 Seeing the sun shine today was really wonderful. What a great way to celebrate Sunday and look back on that awesome get together last night. It was easy to see that Alison and Ellen put alot of thought into the planning and the guests put alot of thought into the dishes they made. What I loved the best is that we were so busy talking and getting to know one another that all else, food and music were just great back drops. And damn, we're a bunch of good cooks. I do think we have the makings of a cook book. How fun would that be?
I did a 45 minute run on the Monon today. I was lucky enough to be joined by a great friend and fellow yoga enthusiast. Although I am alot slower than he is, he was kind enough to keep pace with me and encourage me along the way. I took a couple of short walk breaks along the way, but all in all it was very rewarding. On the way back I actually picked up my pace. Kinda like a horse when he is in sight of the barn! That would be me. But at least I still had some "kick" in me.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Super Bowl outings if they had them. I am a HUGE football nut (anyone who knows me knows that) and really appreciated the fact that this was a great matchup albeit not the teams I would have liked to see playing.
Thanks a ton to Alison and Ellen. It really was a great party.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ginger,

    Way to go on your 45 minute run! I managed to have a break through yesterday as well. I ran five miles. It took 50 minutes but I haven't run 5 miles in long time. I am looking forward to us getting together to run. I think we will find ourselves at similar paces (although you might have exceeded the 5 mile mark!)

    You are doing great Ginger!

    I'll try to get to work on that CookBook!

    Alison, Your Mentor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your Jambalaya. Loved that your husband was so happy to help clean up!

    ReplyDelete