Saturday, January 24, 2009

Is the Honeymoon over or did I just have a bad day?

Day 4 I had this great plan to leave work mid-morning and get my strength workout done and then work the rest of the day at home. Then came a last minute meeting called for the afternoon by my director (kinda can't tell him no) - So I had packed breakfast and a snack but no lunch. (next time I have to be better prepared) By the time I got home I was starving, but wanted to get my workout done. To say I totally crashed was an understatement. I thought geez the honeymoon is over and this really sucks! I had to back down on what I had been able to do on Wednesday. I learned a valuable lesson - cars aren't the only thing that need fuel. It was really painful. I cramped- I couldn't get any lift when I jumped. I felt like a wimp! That was the downside - the upside was that I really enjoyed doing the workout at home. I was really organized and felt I got into a great rhythm.

A note on meditation - this was my second attempt. The first attempt didn't go that great. My mind yacked the old time! I was practicing ujayyi breathing. I thought that listening to my breath might help. The second time I breathed normally and I tried to concentrate on the feel of the breath instead of the sound. I felt the cool air when I inhaled and felt the warm air as I exhaled. It helped so much. I felt totally peaceful and calm when I was done. Then I treated myself to a bubble bath which extended the really good feeling ; >)

1 comment:

  1. Ginger, I have felt that way before. It really is so crucial to plan your food. I always have a string cheese in my purse and a apple, just in case.

    As far as the mediation goes, it's the same as exercise, practice, practice and strangely enough it begins to work.

    Keep up the great work, you are doing wonderful.

    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete