Thursday, January 29, 2009

I was bad - I shoulda gone with the beer

Week 2 Day 3 We went to a comedy club tonight. Tickets we had forever that were about to expire. Two drink minimum. Coulda had a $4.00 dollar bottle of water, but I thought red wine couldn't be that bad? Wow. 80 calories a glass. Coors Light 52 calories. In my twisted mind I thought I was better off with the wine. Wrong! I did make a great food choice, though. They had a salmon salad with strawberries that was only 280 calories. The comics were great and it was a fun evening. I am not one to drink so I am sure I will pay for it tomorrow with my strength workout. I will push ever so hard to get that poison up and out!
Today I was going to run in the neighborhood. I drove in from work and saw a car sideways on the main street. I decided that the wise choice was the dreaded dreadmill. The workout was great, though. Not as fast as last week, but still 3 miles in 30 minutes.
Today was not one of my better days. I made some bad choices from being uninformed and my workout was disappointing cause I really wanted to hit the streets. But I made good food choices all day and at least I ran! The old me would have just said No to the run. I am all about making improvement and to me though it wasn't perfect, it was better. The comics really were funny ;>)

4 comments:

  1. Ginger:
    I am just amazed that you can go out and keep in the Project zone. I am too afraid of the temptation, so I am avoiding a lot of social stuff right now ... You are all good! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger!
    There is nothing wrong with ONE GLASS of RED wine. Red wine, in moderation, is good for you. Honest. AND, tt has more nutritional value than BEER. Sometimes a few extra calories for something healthier is the better choice hands down. You are beating yourself up too much. You had a GREAT day in my book. Way to go. Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Alison - one glass of wine is perfectly reasonable. It's when we have another and another that it's not good.

    And I want to say also, please don't start telling yourself that you were "bad" - that starts the whole "good" vs. "bad" internal debate that leaves us all feeling guilty about what we put in our mouths. Some choices are better than others, and all we really want is to hit the 90%. Relax!

    ReplyDelete