Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hello Quads!

Day 3 - went to Eagle Creek to run after work. I feel I put a solid effort into what was asked of me today. I ran 3 miles in 28:45 and that counted the warmup. That is really Wow for me. I pushed, but didn't feel like I was going to draw my last breath. The legs are overtaking the head :>) My quads were really stiff to start but warmed up as the time went by. Who knows? I may just be ready for the Mini when it comes around.
Rick and I are really getting the calorie counting and menu thing down. I have a whole new appreciation for vegetables. I remember when I was little and ran in the house starving from school. We lived in the middle of nowhere and my Momma and Daddy had this great vegetable garden. I never ate cookies and milk when I got home. It was usually some vegetable that Momma had cooked or a serving of fruit or veggie straight out of the field. I was always famished and those vegetables were good. Relying more on fruits and veggies is bringing back good memories and I also know that we are doing the best for our bodies.

4 comments:

  1. Ginger, what a great run! You inspire me with that time. And how wonderful to have cherished memories return to memory. Have a great upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Ginger! 3 miles in under half an hour is awesome! And I so love that story about eating veggies when you were a kid. THAT'S why you still look so awesome!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger... 3 miles in under 30 minutes... my, my, my, you can book! BTW, you inspired me to do the blog thang. This is my first blog experience and so far so good.

    I'm happy that you're having a good experience with the progam. Me too!

    See you at yoga on Saturday. --R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments. You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete