Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Starting Month 2

Month 2 Day 1 It's really amazing to think that we are already 1/3 done. I am absolutely ecstatic about the progress I am making. I am almost to my weight loss goal (granted I am lucky that it I didn't have much to lose, but oh trying to drop the weight has been oh so pesky) and I can fit in pants that haven't fit in two winters so my "dimensions" must be changing too. We are eating really wonderfully and although Rick isn't doing the project, he is supporting me and eating and exercising regularly as well. I can see big changes in him too. But my big Yippeee is my running. I am still not fast, but Sunday I ran the whole neighborhood in 50 minutes and had some kick left in me when I was done to do a Rocky dance when I got back home! For the longest time I thought that running would be the thing that I tried so hard to master and just wouldn't ever be able to. I don't think that way now. I am doing my intervals today and can't wait. I don't see slow or hard days as failure any more. I see them as part of learning.

A girlfriend and I went to see "Movin Out" Sunday. It was really fantastic. If you don't know about the play it is Billy Joel's music choreographed by Twyla Tharpe. Not a word was spoken, but through the music and dance you definitely got the story. Took me back to my "Big Hair" days.

It is going to be a theater week again this week as we are finally going to get to see Rob Johansen in "To Kill a Mockingbird". If you have never gotten to see Rob in anything, you really should. He brings his wonderful spirit to anything he does. I can't wait!

Good luck to all starting Month 2.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for you, Ginger! I can't stop smiling afer reading your post because your happy spirit is just contagious! I feel the same way about running, and am really starting to like it and feel good about my runs, too! Thanks too for always being so encouraging! It is great to do this with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ginger,

    I LOVE what you said about the good days and bad being all a part of the learning and growing. I just wrote that to Paul Pickett, who had a frustrating day today.

    And I am so glad you are seeinG MOCKINGBIRD! When are you coming?????

    xoxoxoxoxoxoox,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete